15 November 2011

Wheat Berry Salad Recipe


  1. Boil 1.5 cups (or however much you feel like) of wheat berries in around 3.5 cups of water. Add more water as needed. Wheat berries have a nutty, slightly chewy taste, and take around an hour to cook.
  2. In a large pan, heat a little extra virgin olive oil. Throw in zucchini slices (I did half-moons, but I think cutting those in half is better. I used two good-sized zucchinis.) and whatever other veggies you feel like. This time, I had cauliflower, but last time, I used broccoli, which I liked better.
  3. Throw some white wine in that frying pan. I don't use measurements, but I probably used a glass in this recipe. I also threw in dried cherries. You can throw them in at the end, but they add a nice taste to the veggies and the wine plumps them up.
  4. Add some sesame seeds, just for fun.
  5. At the very end, throw in some chickpeas.
  6. Stir everything (wheat berries and mixture from frying pan) together in a large bowl. Top with as much feta cheese as you like, and some crushed rosemary. Eat. Delish!

No comments: