I’ve been to the Amazon in Brazil out of Manaus, and when I went to Peru, I did two different trips out of Puerto Maldonaldo. But still, I wanted to go again.
After this trip, I found the guides lackluster and a lot of it to be repeats, same old, same old. I don’t think I’ll go back to the Amazon in the same way, but I still find it so thrilling, gorgeous, and charming.
I went out with Amazon Jungle Tours – mainly because they were the only ones who emailed me back. I would recommend them, as I found the guides to be lazy, wanting to rest for any hours instead of doing lots of stuff. But still, there were some great moments….
· Awesome trek where we hiked at day and night and saw baby tarantulas and lots of other bugs
· Pink dolphins. Do I need to say more?
· Grey dolphins.
· Lots of monkeys, swinging and eating. They are so cute.
· Too many mosquitoes. UGH. Bites everywhere. Impossible. Ouch. Ugh.
· Sunset boat rides.
· Swimming in “Lucky Lake.”
· Chilling in the hammocks.
· Scary spiders
You can’t help but be charmed by the water, the houses, the mud, everything. People live very differently out there – with little electricity, boating as a way of getting around, bugs everywhere. I’m not sure I could live there.