"it's like summer camp for adults," my little sister told me, as i shopped for practical shoes at DSW the other day. yes, indeed it is.
i went out with my friend bill, not sure what to expect, but knowing that i'd have fun. it was even better than i expected.
i can't give a play-by-play because i'd be writing for 12 hours and STILL not get all of it. i'll just give you some highlights of this amazing week that i encourage all to attend (but be prepared for harsh conditions -- just remember what doesn't kill you makes you stronger).
- winning the black rock city 5k (and setting the record!) -- beating a naked guy! woooh!
- going out deep into the playa, looking at amazing art, underneath SO many stars
- tassel twirling class
- dancing with mojitos at dementhe, an awesome camp
- meeting tons of amazing people
- a camp set up like a zagat-rated hotel
- dancing at a huge club-like place, deep end
- biking on a flame-spitting bike
- dancing to "my adidas" during a dust storm, complete with goggles and face mask
- running 5 miles during a dust storm
- meeting all sorts of random people
- big hugs from total strangers
- hula hooping
- making necklaces and making friends
- librarian cocktail party
- the "triathlon" involving swimming through dirt
- watching the man burn
- hitching a ride on art cars
- sharing a piece of myself with so many others -- and them sharing themselves with stories, hugs, jewelry, whatever we had to offer