- Gather reading material that you don't mind getting wet next to the bathtub.
- Get in the bathtub and turn the faucets on full blast cold. Oh, this is cold.
- Once the water covers your legs and hips, you can turn the water off. Then add all the ice you have in your house. I like to add 1-2 bags plus whatever other ice I have.
- Sit. Read magazines. Try not to shiver.
- When the ice is melted, or around 15-20 minutes, get out.
26 June 2011
Cherie's Running Secrets: How to Handle an Ice Bath
Ice baths SUCK. They are cold, miserable, cold, not fun, cold...But here's my little tip on how to actually survive one.