For a filling and delicious breakfast, try this protein-packed delicious breakfast. I adapted it from a recipe from one of those health food mags V sends me (Taste for Life). I made a big batch and will eat this all week.
1 cup quinoa, rinsed
2 cups water
1 cup steel cut oats
4 cups water
½ cup shredded coconut
½ cup sliced almonds
½ cup raisins
1 t chia seeds
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Dash or so of cardamom
Dash of salt
(add whatever dried fruits or nuts or seeds you want – it’s all about your favourite taste)
- 1. Boil 2 cups of water. Add 1 cup of quinoa. When water is soaked up, put quinoa into a bowl to the side.
- 2. Boil 4 cups of water. Add steel cut oats. When it comes back to a boil, lower the heat. Once all the water is absorbed, turn off heat.
- 3. You can toast the coconut and the almonds if you want, but you don’t have to. Just keep an eye on toasting them if you do.
- 4. Add all of the ingredients together. Stir.
- 5. Eat. I prefer with lots of milk or some good Brown Cow vanilla yogurt.