21 December 2012

Bring on the complaining!


It’s cold. It’s raining. And my tummy has hurt for two days.

But I don’t want to go home.

I want to feel better.

Yesterday, with stomach pain and problems, I spent the day walking around San Cristobal de las Casas, with rests in between. I’d go back to my quiet room and take a nap, or read, or just chill out.

Today, my stomach is better at times, worse at other times. But it’s POURING. As much as I had hoped that rainbow earlier this morning meant something, no, it didn’t. It’s pouring.

I took it easy – walked to the coffee museum, got lunch (UGH, so not ready for food), got lost, mailed a letter at the post office (wheeehee), got lost, and most importantly, went to a pharmacist and got Cipro. I haven’t been in pain/sick for 30 minutes, but it comes and goes and waves so I can’t yet be sure.

But it’s pouring outside. My shoes are soaked, my feet are frozen. And I guess I need to rest and relax anyway. So I’m staying in bed, writing, reading. Might watch a movie with some of the other gals from the hostel.

I am on vacation. This is fun…well, vacation is fun but this is part of what comes along with it, I suppose.

No comments: